Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Multiple PL/SQL Editors Open in Oracle Forms Builder

This blog entry is for my own purpose. It is a little thing that I seem to frequently forget in Oracle Forms Builder. Nowadays I am still sporadicly working in Forms. Actually I am the only Forms developer left in our shop and we have quite a few production Forms applications. I actually love Oracle Forms, but our department has on its long term plan to move off of Forms to either J2EE or ApEx, but that is a topic for another future blog entry.

While getting back into the Forms Builder, I frequently want to have multiple PL/SQL Editor windows open editing different program units at the same time. A couple years ago I found out that if you hold the SHIFT key and double click on a program unit's icon in the Object Navigator pane, Forms Builder opens a new PL/SQL Editor window open while keeping all current PL/SQL Edit windows open!!

Mike

2 comments:

Patrick said...

there is always a wish list for forms 6x or 10g.."but"..I always wished it would "remember" all the PL/SQL editors I had open after saving and closing a .fmb...or the ability to open MORE THAN one file at a time...oh well...

Unknown said...

Ohh, Thanks,it really helpful.