Thursday, February 04, 2016

Recover Modified Oracle APEX Page

I was working on a page in an Oracle APEX application and wanted to rollback all the changes I made in the last 30 minutes on one particular page without losing all the changes I made prior to then.  I had no export of the application, so I used a very cool feature of Oracle and APEX as documented in Peter Raganitsch's blog way back in 2011.

I basically did a page export as of 30 minutes ago.  Since APEX runs in the Oracle database and flashback query is enabled in the database, when the APEX Builder was querying the APEX application tables in the database for the page it was exporting, the Builder did a flashback query as of 30 minutes ago.  Once the page export was completed, I did an import of the page and the page was rolled back to 30 minutes ago.  Very nice.

No comments: